- This event has passed.
WFU Community Law Clinic – The Law of Raising Money: 4/20
April 20, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Wake Forest University Community Law Clinic presents The Law of Raising Money
Wake Forest School of Law’s Community Law and Business Clinic & Flywheel present a session on The Law of Raising Money on Wednesday, 4/20 from 6:00-7:30pm at Flywheel.
- Ideas of how to raise capital in your business legally, without becoming a publicly traded company
- Receive tips on how to avoid running afoul of the SEC when raisingcapital in your business
- The current state of crowdfunding, and how the JOBS Act at the Federal and State level has changed it
- Explanation of Reg A +, Rule 506, and the new rules regarding accredited investors
- Discussion of some of the legal traps that snag some crowdfunding campaigners
- Testing of the audience’s capital campaign IQ with a short Q and A.
Steve Virgil and Jon Mayhugh host the interactive evening at Flywheel’s space in the Innovation Quarter. Contact Jon Mayhugh with any questions.
Light snacks and drinks will be provided.